St. John’s – Hopes and Dreams
In 2013, St. John’s began a Hopes and Dreams Campaign. Looking back we gave thanks and praise to God for the legacy he has given us through our forefathers! Back in the 60’s the congregation of that time, built an addition which became a beautiful new sanctuary in which to worship in. They restructured the older parts of the church into office and Sunday School room plus they dug out the basement and created a large kitchen and fellowship hall. How blessed are we of this generation for their efforts. Remembering all this made us wonder what legacy of faithfulness are we leaving for future generations, both physical and spiritual.
Below is what we have decided to work on: (the ones in red are finished, in green are in the process, and the rest to be done.
- Update the fellowship hall bathrooms with more efficient and handicapped commodes. (Completed!)
- Build a handicapped bathroom on the main floor with a changing table. ( Completed)
- Replace the pizza oven with two Gas/Convection stoves in the kitchen. ( Completed)
- Install air conditioning on the first floor and in the upstairs Sunday School rooms. ( Completed)
- Replace the carpeting in the sanctuary and narthex.
- New lighting in the Narthex.
- Recover the pews in the sanctuary. ( Completed!)
- New lighting in the kitchen and serving area. (Completed!)
- New doors (Completed!) We have installed new front doors with clear glass, new door to the parking lot with clear glass windows, and a new door to the fellowship hall with a clear glass window!
- New flooring in the kitchen and serving area (Completed!)
- Enhance our music program. (Doing!)
- Be more mission oriented – create “Mission Your Way”, each month a new mission is highlighted that people can support. ( Doing)
- Enhance the hospitality of our Community meal. (Doing)
- Begin a Prayer Circle that meets once a week to pray for the church, members and community. ( Doing)
- To be bold in our witness. ( Doing!)!
Many of these things will be ongoing, many will not be seen but felt, but also many will be visually noticeable.
Our Hopes and Dreams campaign is design to be a 50/50 legacy. As things are done, the congregation, over the next few years will replenish half of cost of the things we do, which give us a sense of ownership in our ministry.